English 4 Goals and Expectations
My personal goals and learning objectives for the module
My personal goals for this module include, but are not limited to:
- Learning how to incorporate written material, such as novels, poems, picture books, games etc. and movies in my teaching in a meaningful way.
- Adding reflections to my portfolio after each lesson, preferably as video or sound files.
- Making my assignments relevant and interesting for a broad audience, so I can use them in my daily practice with teaching and coaching.
Evaluation of goals and objectives at the end of module
My self-evaluation of working with my goals are as follows:
- I have worked with texts that fascinate and motivates me to teach all semester. The works include the poem, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night by Dylan Thomas; the movie, Arrival by Denis Villeneuve; the graphic novel, Habibi by Craig Thompson; the short film, In a heartbeat by Beth David and Esteban Bravo; and the art of James Jean. I wanted to delve into the works of art that I loved and felt passionate about, so I can better teach with passion and inspire the students. I feel like this is my best accomplished goal for the semester.
- I have not been diligent at making my portfolio up to date. I have actually, once again, not been able to do it at all, except for the first lesson. Now I am writing them all as a form of exam reading, but it is very stressful with all the assignments on top.
- I feel like the general application of the knowledge aquired during the semester motivated me to do more, as it could be applied to my job as a substitute teacher and also use it in my coaching practice.